Play NES

Spooky Encounter

I used to work for a Japanese base construction company a few years ago. We would have to travel from one place to another depending on the location of the project. If we were lucky, we got to go to a project in the city. Sometimes some projects were deep in the jungle and we would have to stay in wooden house near the jungle (it was rented by the company). All my first few projects were in the cities, Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru and Singapore. The story started when I was transferred to Melaka.

I didn’t really like small towns. The first day of reporting for work was terrible. The project site was not hard to find, being a relatively major project in a relatively small town, I spot my company logo from a distance. Later in the afternoon I was brought to the company dormitory by one of my colleagues. The company rented four double-story terrace in a nearby housing estate. Each engineer got one room. So there were four rooms in that big house.

Being late for reporting in, I wasn’t given the privilege of choosing which house or room to stay. The four house wasn’t connected but still within walking distance. Being the only room of the furthest house, it was dark and quiet. My other house-mates were hardly in. I stayed in a the third room on the second floor, the other two rooms were always locked because the person staying in it preferred to travel another hour to go back to Kuala Lumpur most of the time. Being a staff of a well established Japanese company, we were given fully furnished house with air-conditions and part time maid in the day. I would buy a lot of VCD movies and watched until I fell asleep. It all started in my first week…

One morning I noticed a black cat died in the porch and the next day a crow died on the roof of the house. That very same night, while I was asleep, I woke up suddenly by a sudden graze of long hair on my neck. I was sleeping facing the wall when this happened. It felt as if something with long hair was sleeping behind me. I did not turn around, suddenly the part of the bed behind me began to sink down as if someone was lying on it. Somehow I couldn’t move or yell.

I struggled hard to yell and manage to call the name of my God, slowly words could come out from my mouth and I did not stop calling the name of God. Suddenly I saw a shadowy image lifting up from the wall. As if the shadow cast by the thing behind me. At the same time I heard a scary sound of an animal like roar. And it disappeared after that but I did not stop praying for as long as I can remember.

It did not stop there. Doors were always banging open and closed with the absent wind. Sometimes I would hear noise coming from the locked rooms. When I was in my room, I would hear noise of furniture being drag across the living room. From then onwards I started switching on the light when I slept. But this did not stop it! Middle of one night, I was woken up by the strong vibration of my bed. It felt like an earthquake in Malaysia. But the bed is the only thing vibrating. After it vibrated for around five seconds, I was pinned to the bed again. It really helped to yell out loud.

Post Categories: Spooky

Copyrighted Image